Pages

Tuesday 26 November 2013

It Cosmetics Luxe High Performance Hydrating Eyeshadow Trio in Pretty in Smoke - Review and Swatches


I have so many blog post lined up for you guys! I have hauls, empties, reviews, holiday palettes...oh my! So stay tuned as I plan on posting lot over the next month!

I bought this little palette several months ago from The Shopping Channel or QVC to my American readers. That is the only company that sells It Cosmetics in Canada to my knowledge. This was my first It Cosmetics purchase. It retails for $29 Canadian. I believe It Cosmetics markets themselves as being an anti-aging, problem-solving, innovative company. They tend to use better ingredients than many cosmetic companies.


I fell in love with this palette when I saw Emily from Beauty Broadcast wearing this. I had to have it! I used it a few times several months ago when I first got it and I have to say I didn't really like the looks that I put together with this palette. If you don't use an eyeshadow primer and base, these colours can look very muddy. These three colours tend to look like different shades of grey on me. Although the taupe and dark grey colour are shimmers, all three colours look very matte on the eye.


You will notice in the picture above that the bottom of the palette opens up to a very handy mirror with two eyeshadow brushes.

I find all three colours to be easy to work with and they all blend very well. I started using this palette again recently because I thought enough was enough, I needed to do a review on it already and find a way for this to work for me. I have to say that this palette has grown on me as time has passed but I don't love it. In particular, I despise the shell pink colour. I find it to be chalky and way too matte for my taste. This palette would be greatly improved if a really nice shimmery shell pink was used instead. I don't have a lot of complaints about the taupe and dark grey shades. They are quite nice.

My advice to those of you who have this palette or are thinking of buying it is to use another neutral champagne nude or shimmery pink eyeshadow from your collection to use with the other two colours in here. Or, you could try using a shimmery eyeshadow base. I just find the three colours together to look a bit flat and a bit washed out. I do not find these eyeshadows to be remotely hydrating unless applied directly to the skin and because of creasing issues, that is not an option for me as I need a primer. That is my two cents anyway.

 
 
Here are the swatches. I don't think that the eyeshadows have names. I have to say that I am curious about some of It Cosmetics other palette colours, specially the Pretty in Plum one. This palette is very travel or purse friendly and I really like that. Here are some more swatches below.
 
 
 
 
Packaging: 10/10    
Pigmentation: 8/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 7/10
Colour Stays True: 6/10
Texture: 7/10
Price: 7/10
Ingredients: 9/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 6/10
Overall Rating: 7.5/10
Would I buy this again? Maybe in a different colour  


No comments:

Post a Comment