Pages

Wednesday 15 June 2016

Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in 16 Black Honey - Review and Swatch



I have this pile of empties from May and I really need do a blog post on them asap. I am so behind in everything this month. I also have a Bobbi Brown palette that I have been meaning to review for like a month. Next two posts, promise.

On to the matter at hand. Today I have a review on the Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in 16 Black Honey. I have a small sized tube that I got from Sephora I think as a promotion or with rewards points or something. Mine is 0.17 oz. or 5ml. The regular sized tube is 0.5 oz. and is $21 Canadian or $16.50 U.S. I have been using my little tube almost nonstop for 2 months if that gives you an idea of how far a little bit goes.

My first impression was that I couldn't believe how glossy this product is. The colour looks dark in the tube, but like all Black Honey products by Clinque, you basically get a slight cherry tint that has a warmth to it. If that makes any sense. I like to use this with a dark lip liner and mix the two colours together. I also do this to add some staying power. I find that this gloss disappears from your lips fast. You definitely have to keep reapplying throughout the day regardless of whether or not you are drinking or eating or not. Here is a swatch:


This is one of the most comfortable glosses that I have ever worn. Not sticky. The colour also goes with just about any look or outfit so it's a no brainer lip product to apply. I will be repurchasing this. The price isn't bad either. I would prefer if it wasn't in a tube and maybe had a wand applicator. Squeezing it out is not my preferred method of lip product application and once you get near the end of the tube, it's a pain in the ass to get the last bit out.

My main complaints are the need for frequent application and the packaging could be a lot better. Otherwise, it's a solid product anyone could use in their stash.

Packaging: 6/10 
Pigmentation: 5/10 (but I think that is the point of the product to be sheer)
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 5/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? YES,
Overall Rating: 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment