Pages

Saturday 16 January 2016

MAC MACnificent Me Eyeshadow x9 Palette - Review and Swatches


Finally getting around to my review on the MAC MACnificent Me Eyeshadow Palette. I just checked MAC's website and it looks like it isn't available any longer. I believe some stores still have them in stock though. This palette is $48 Canadian or $40 U.S. At least one of the colours is permanent to my knowledge. Since MAC loves to do repromotes, some of these colours may pop up again so I think it's still worthy to do the blog review and swatches.

The first thing I want to point out is that this palette is super tiny. It looked a lot bigger online. Each eyeshadow is 0.8g or 0.02 oz. A regular MAC single is 1.5g or 0.05 oz. So each eyeshadow in this palette is approximately half of the size of a regular shadow. I don't totally mind this as this palette is good to travel with due to it being mighty tiny and also I think it will take me a while to use up this palette anyway. Hell, I don't think I have ever finished a palette in my whole life anyway.

The colours on the first row left to right are MACnificent Me!, Quiet Type and Dance in the Dark. Second row left to right is Fabulous DNA, Pleasing to the Eye and Sable (permanent). Third row left to right is Frankly Frosty, In My Element and Cool Complement.






What I like about this palette other than its travel worthiness is that the whole thing is a neutral palette with a mix of mattes, frosts and a lustre. It's a palette almost anyone could wear. That's a serious plus. I find a lot of these colours have a pink undertone so if that is not for you, it might be something to pass on. The first column of this palette is not so hot. The colours being MACnificent Me, Fabulous DNA and Frankly Frosty. I find these a tad chalky and flat. They aren't very glowy or bright on the lid. I wish they would have used any other 3 light MAC eyeshadow shades in here. In My Element, the only Lustre, is chunky and gritty. Not my fave either. The other 5 shades are wonderful.

All of these shades go together in this palette very nicely and if you aren't picky like me, it's fine to use on it's own and you could create countless looks with it. I just like my lighter shades to be brightening as I don't have large eyes to begin with so I find myself grabbing other shades to use with this palette. Okay, swatch time. From left to right in the picture below is MACnificent Me!, Quiet Type, Dance in the Dark, Fabulous DNA, Pleasing to the Eye, Sable, Frankly Frosty, In My Element and Cool Complement. As you can see, MACnificent Me!, the first of the swatches far left doesn't show up much on my skin. You can barely see it!!!






I confess I haven't bought many MAC products in the last year or so other than this palette. Too many other glittery things to buy at Sephora I think. I really like the look of the eyeshadow palettes they have put together this past few months. I own a lot of the colours though so I haven't pounced.


Recently I busted out a lot of my MAC stash and have dipped into it again. You forget how good some of these products are. Also, I am itching to use some things up and do a back to MAC before I bring in new stuff.


Packaging: 10/10   
Pigmentation: 8/10
Easy to Work With: 8/10 (lighter shades a bit tricky)
Longevity: 7.5/10
Colour Stays True: 8/10
Texture: 7/10
Price: 7/10 
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 8/10
Would I buy this again? Maybe
Overall Rating: 8.5/10

1 comment:

  1. hi,this is excellent information..we provide by very easy learning good information.



    Eyeshadow Primer

    ReplyDelete