Pages

Friday 7 June 2024

Early Spring Empties 2024


Hello! More empties to talk about today! 
 
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge - This is a decent backup for a Beautyblender sponge but not as good. Can't recall if this is my first or second sponge but I have repurchased for sure. 

MAC Pro Palette Eyeshadow Refill in Naked Lunch - This is one of my all time favourite go to eyeshadows. I can pair this shade with just about any other colour from any palette. It's a great lid colour. I believe this may have been the second one I have finished. Third already repurchased. This is a top drawer makeup item that everyone should have in their regular rotation. 

Laniege Lip Glowy Balm in Grapefruit - This scent was ok. Not my favourite. I hate to say it but I have come to the conclusion that the Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm is better in the tube format at least. It seems to be richer and last longer. Yes, I would consider repurchasing but I would be picky about the scent but would buy Summer Fridays first though. 

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner - This is the OG for a reason. I've bought so many of these over the years. Already repurchased. 

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Medium - This was a mini. The colour was too dark for me. I find it is so hard to find a shade match within Tarte complexion products. I didn't think it was great at covering my dark circles. It was thick and globby too. Won't repurchase. 

Lancome Matte Shaker Liquid Lipstick in Rosemantic - Sorry in advance for the ranty review. I hated this product with a burning passion and I am glad it's finally dead. This was one of the worst products I have ever used and I am mystified how this is still on the market. I initially bought another colour and returned it to Sephora because the product and the colour were so bad. I can't remember the exact hiccup, but I had used points or bought it on sale so they basically told me no refund (or it would be a small amount refunded) or it was exchange so I got this colour instead. 

The new colour was ok but that is not where the trouble lies here. This is a watery, poorly pigmented lip product. Doesn't stay on the lips for long and it feels like you have put nothing on but coloured water. When I wore this I used to put on a glossy lip balm then apply this product over it to give it a hint of colour. But again, the colour didn't last. The sponge applicator is horrid. Mine was ripped to shreds. It's a thin sponge over a hard tip. I have a feeling there is ton of product left in the bottom but I can't get at it and no more product will come out of the 3 small holes inside. My final complaint is that the product collects around the lid and it turns into a dark brown and it looks like liquid chocolate. Gross! Never again will I buy this. 

Drybar Triple Sec - This product did nothing for my hair. It was like spraying air into it. This was a sample size and the sad thing is that I have a second one somewhere. It's supposed to texturize, amplify and refresh. Did none of the above. Will not repurchase. 

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in 2.0 - It pains me to throw this out. This is the second last tube of my stash of this discontinued product. For years, this foundation was my ride or die. Wearing it now, it's still damn good but I think a couple of my NARS foundations are better. Still, this was a solid foundation and I hope they bring it back one day. 

The Inkey List Supersolutions 10% Azelaic Acid Serum - This product has been a lifesaver for my rosacea. I have already repurchased two. Can't live without it now. I was using this once a day and it was making a difference. When I increased it to twice a day, it was life changing. This is a must have for anyone with rosacea and the beauty is you can layer it with other serums. This is by far, the most recommended product I have so far for the year. 

Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Conditioner - This is my favourite conditioner and I have purchased multiple tubes. Really good at taming frizz and helping with manageability. I have not repurchased as yet, simply because I am trying to get rid of some other conditioners I have kicking around. I will be repurchasing soonish though. 

Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion (Cooling Menthol) - This is a great lotion. Especially the Cooling Menthol version. I find it even helps speed up the healing of burns and cuts. Very moisturizing and far superior to other Aveeno lotions in my opinion. Already repurchased. 

Laneige Lip Treatment Balm - This was really good. I was sad when I finished it. It was only a mini. I would totally repurchase this. It is several steps up from the regular Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask in case anyone is wondering. 

Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask in Pink Lemonade - Speaking of Laneige, another one of these done. The scent was ok. My all time favourite remains the Peach Iced Tea. Have already repurchased 3 regular sized ones of these in other scents plus I bought more minis. 

Clinique Bottom Line Mascara - This is a really good product and I have enjoyed it. It is small though and dries out fast. I am preferring to use my Caliray Come Hell or High Water Mascara these days for my lower lash and sometimes upper lash if I want a smear free day. I have repurchased already. 

Sol de Janeiro Rio Deo Refill - I quite like this deodorant and have gone through a few of these already. I would'nt say though that it is workout appropriate, you would need something stronger but it's great for day to day. I find the refill a bit fiddley and it never seems to sit right but it is a slight inconvenience I can overlook. Already repurchased. 

I have a bunch of empties already stacking up for June so should have another post up by the end of the month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment