Pages

Wednesday 12 December 2018

Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm - Review


Hello! I have been trying a huge range of products in the Drunk Elephant line for the past several months and I have a lot to say about them. Some I totally love and can't get enough of, and others are a bit more meh. I thought I would start off with talking about Drunk Elephant's Lippe Balm. I got this in a set of their products. Before trying this, I wasn't planning to purchase it as it is $22 Canadian on it's own. Now I love me some Bite Agave Lip Mask and I pay a pretty penny for it, but it is a holy grail product that I cannot live without. I am not paying $22 Canadian for a sheer lip balm unless it knocks my socks off and rocks my world.

The tube contains 3.7g or .13oz. of product which seemed like a fair amount to me until I looked at my Burt's Bees Lip Balm and see that it has 4.25g of product. Drunk Elephant is not so generous then and it is like 5x the price of Burt's Bees.

Lippe Balm is nice in the sense that it doesn't have an offensive smell and it feels great on the lips. It's moisturizing, soothing and very comfortable. I am totally using this daily and I will finish this tube no problem. Other than the price, my main complaint is that I find the balm doesn't last long on my lips. Sometimes an hour later or a few hours later I find my lips feeling bare and a little dry. They don't look dry but they feel dry. It's very strange. So naturally I have to reapply fairly frequently.

It's not a bad product but I will not repurchase due to the lack of staying power and the price. So far this is probably my second to least favourite Drunk Elephant product and let's face it, my complaints about it aren't that crazy.

Next up is an empties post and then lots of Drunk Elephant to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment